Space Antenna Mesh for Large Deployable Reflector Antennas
TEC-KNIT is developing and producing state-of-art and advanced fabrics for space technology, processing finest metal wires from gold plated molybdenum or wolfram.
Flight Proven Mesh Technology
TEC-KNIT has been the supplier of deployable reflector mesh for several Israelic satellites since 2007, for projects such as the TecSAR and Ofeq program (latest launch of Ofeq-13 in spring 2023). Satellites like these work in X-band frequency range.
With increasing frequency band width of antennas, requirements to antenna mesh are increasing as well. Therefore, TEC-KNIT received funding from European Space Agency to develop an advanced deployable antenna mesh fabric for higher radio frequencies up to Ka-band. Find a selection of available products below.
(> 36 GHz)
(< 28 GHz)
(< 12 GHz)
How TEC-KNIT is testing
All deployable mesh materials are tested for critical properties in internal laboratory and with external partners.
- Mechanical properties (e.g. tensile strength and elasticity)
- RF properties (e.g. reflectivity loss at specific incidence angles)
- Properties regarding passive intermodulation (PIM)
Antenna test range at ESTEC (ESA)
TEC-KNIT has metal fine wire production in two shifts. Six full size warp knitting machines are available in separate production facility with current production width up to 3.3 m.
- Materials: Gold plated Molybdenum or Wolfram
- Wire diameters: 20 µm to 45 µm
- Production width: Up to 3 m
- Production density: From 5.5 wires/cm up to 16 wires/cm